For users located in the European
Economic Area ("EEA"), and to the extent applicable, InSilico Medicine is the data controller and is responsible for the Personal Data of EEA users of the Service.
Generally, We processes your Personal Data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights. Such "legitimate interests" include:
- – to study how customers use the Service,
- – to develop the Service and grow our business,
- – to manage our business, including the provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise,
- – to inform our marketing and advertising strategy; or
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your Personal Data.
If you are located in the EEA, and subject to national or local law exemptions, you have certain data protection rights in certain circumstances. Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of these rights. Right to withdraw consent at any time:
This applies where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. Access:
This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that it is accurate and that we are processing it lawfully. Object:
This enables you to object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is an impact on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override certain of your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. Correction:
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new Personal Data you provide to us. Erasure:
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. Portability:
This enables you to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you. Restriction:
This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following circumstances: (a) if you want us to establish the information's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the Personal Data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your Personal Data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to the relevant EU Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data at any time. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your complaint in the first instance.